Risk management is a growing profession. Risk management professionals often spend quite a bit of time out of the office, monitoring projects or visiting multiple company sites to work on various project teams. This makes your smartphone a very valuable tool. Here are 20 apps that are great for risk managers. We’ve provided ten for the iPhone and 10 for the Android.
For the iPhone
- OmniFocus: This task management application allows you to create to do lists, as well as sync with documents on your desktop. This application can really help you stay organized, which is especially important if you bounce between office, home office and being on the road at client sites.
- Google Calendar: Check you Google calendar from anywhere. You never have to worry about being out of touch just because you’re spending a few days on the road for business or personal reasons.
- iBlueSky: A great brainstorming application for getting ideas out of your head an into a document.
- Analytics HD: If your responsibilities include tracking online server activity, this is the ideal app for doing that across many servers and sites. While it provides only a limited view of the total Google Analytics picture, it provides the right views; exceptional trending and stats that are necessary for quick checks and meetings.
- Full Screen Web Browser: Does just what it says: lets you browse in full screen.
- Go to Meeting: If your company has a GoToMeeting account, this is an ideal app to help you keep partners and staff in sync while engaging in meetings. You can’t take control of the meeting but the audio feature works great with or without earbuds and the mic. This is the ideal app for multi-casting training content to a group of people with iPads and/or iphones.
- Dragon Dictation: Dragon Dictation lets you speak your emails and documents rather than writing them. It’s a much quicker and easier way to get things done.
- Stars Enterprise: This app gives access to risk-management dashboards right from the device. You can now monitor key metrics and manage project tasks remotely on CS Stars.
- SG Risk Log: This app lets you quickly break down a risk and appropriately assess it.
- EZ Share: Securely connect to your computer and have access to documents, music, photos and other files. This one is a real time saver when you’re in a meeting and need something quickly off your computer.
For the Android
- Risk Management: This app helps you identify areas where your company might be at risk and deal with these areas.
- Security Shield: Mitigate the risk to yourself and your phone with this app. Security Shield offers a great antivirus application.
- StrategicRISK: This app is an adjunct to the European Business Journal of Risk Management.
- CRM Lite: Composite Risk Management offers a simple little risk assessment matrix you can use on the go.
- Upvise: This Android app lets you access and share business information with your team when you’re traveling.
- AK Notepad: This notepad for Android provides a great way to make, store and track notes. It’s perfect for when you’re traveling, or just want to jot something down so you won’t forget it before you get back to the office.
- Scan to PDF: Scan a paper document and convert it to a PDF file instantly on your phone. Great for eliminating paper and keeping documents secure.
- Phone Book: Keep track of your contacts, see who’s online and send instant messages all with Phonebook 2.0. It’s the perfect way to centralize all your communications.
- Sprite Android Backup: Keep your phone secure with this mobile backup solution.
With these apps at your fingertips, you’re sure to find that your smartphone is an even better productivity tool than you originally imagined. Keep on the lookout for new applications as they’re released so that you have all the latest and greatest apps to ensure your productivity.
- GDocs: This editor/viewer for Google documents is a lifesaver. You can create, edit, view, import and export documents.